Last updated on November 19th, 2017
If you have an interest in studying 2nd Timothy, you will want to check out “Second Timothy: Guarding the Good Deposit” by Dr. Greg Brown. I worked through this study over a couple weeks, as a personal Bible study. This book challenged me and caused me to think deeply on the topics.
- Well throughout book layout
- The book begins by offering authorship, background, and purpose of 2nd Timothy, which is helpful so every reader is on the same page.
- The book is broken down into larger section, each underlining certain themes like “Encouragements to Endure Suffering for Christ.”
- Each larger section is broken into sub sections which commonly are a verse or two.
- Helpful study group tips, reflection questions.
- This 2 Timothy study even includes the Romans Road (Gospel explanation by using the book of Romans).
- The book includes questions to help a person gather thoughts, (labeled as”Big question”) along with application questions for further personal growth.
- The Bible exultation is clearly throughout this book. I did not find an moment where I was wondering how Dr. Brown came to such conclusions because he focused on the Bible, specifically 2nd Timothy and the truths that book holds.
*My opinion: what I didn’t care for or do not prefer. This will not lower a rating unless it overly distracts from the story.
I cannot recommend this book enough, so check out “Second Timothy: Guarding the Good Deposit” on Amazon.
You can find other Indie Christian Book Reviews here…
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”