Last updated on October 4th, 2017
In this blog, Indie Christian Book Reviews, I am focusing on a specific idea I found after publishing my first book, “Encountering Darkness.” With the continual rise of self-publishing, I realized there is a lack of people to review indie or self-published Christian authors. As well, there is a lack of people to review books in general. I would like to help as I can in that regard. So, if you are interested in getting a review of your indie or self-published Christian book, please send me a review request. Just make sure you read my guidelines first.
What is an Indie Christian book?
If you ask a person what is the distinction between indie publishing vs self-publishing, you will get different responses. A few will say, in indie publishing, a person has full control over their book, but some will declare that self-publishing is that same idea instead. Others will state that in indie publishing you publish with a small-time publisher. Although, I’ve discovered that with self-publishing you use a company that offers publishing packages, so that, you pay a company to create your book, and, for extra, they can market your book. Often the two terms seem to bring about confusion and people have their own definition of the two terms. Often, people separate the term indie publishing and self-publishing, but for this website, Indie Christian Book Reviews, indie Christian books will be consider everything that is:
- Self-published or small-time publisher (and I mean small)
- Retaining rights to your own book
- Control over your book, from creation to advertising
There will, of course, be leeway to this definition. If you are unsure if your book is an indie Christian book, I would suggest you send your request anyways. But, if your book is obviously a large publisher, please do not send a request.
What if you do not have a Christian book?
If you have a book, but it does not fit the mold, although I will not review it, I provide other book review websites. You can check out the sites here.
Indie Christian Book Reviews covers these different topics.
- If you are interested in a book review for a Christian book, first visit the submission guidelines.
- You can check out the reviewed books visit here.
- If you would like to read blog post advice/tips visit Advice for Authors.
- You can find my self-published book at Paul’s Book.
- If you would prefer to contribute to this forum, whether a blog post, indie reviewers you have found, or something else, you can let me here.
- I would love to find out what you think of this site. If you’re interested you can let me know on my contact page.
- Go to this page if you are interested in other indie or self-published book review sites.
Thanks for visiting and feel free to look around!